20090317

Rebranding- Mr Muscle

I've decided to get worked up about the new Mr Muscle commercial, it is beyond me & I feel genuinely quite upset every time I see it.

The Original



Some puny bloke in a vest, barely able to summon up the strength to press down the nozzle on a can of Mr Muscle spray, cleaning up his kitchen in no time. I loved it, okay its obvious some commercials transcend their original purpose, 'to sell you stuff', to become something entirely cultural & classic but the rebrand is poor.

I can't find an English 'dubbed' version but you get the picture. Mr Muscle is now promoted by a scientist who wears an orange jumpsuit under his lab coat and goes charging into other people's houses without an invite!




With this rebrand we're left with something worse than lame humour, bad animation and bad dubbing. Add bad CGI to the equation, and you have the above.